The core of Starlink’s offerings in the market and the essence of what they are about.
Starlink provides full, turnkey solutions for customer that require the cleansing and standardization of their materials master data.
These services include:
Starlink MRO Cataloguing solution allows enterprise buyers and their suppliers to collaborate effectively in the creation of rich, accurate and up-to-date product information. This involves significant resources to process rich content information such as pictures, diagrams and specification sheets that need to be linked to each product or service.
- Content Classification/Identification
- Content Cleansing
- Content Enrichment/Enhancement
- Content Imaging
Starlink provides classification services to classify the products and services to well known global standard schema such as USC, UNSPSC, eCl@ss, MESC and SMD etc.
Starlink can provide classification services to classify the products and services to any in-house / proprietary schema of manufacturer/supplier in the domain of MRO, IT and Office Supplies.
Starlink team of experts can build a schema to specific domain tailored to customer needs. This comes with category codes, category definition, Characteristics names and Characteristics definitions cross reference to any existing schema.
Noun / modifiers help in unambiguously identify a product and helps in easy grouping the products. We assign Noun / Modifiers to products with the help of existing descriptions. Potential Duplicate Resolution Duplicates are identified and removed by adopting various permutations of pattern matching rules, database queries and manual inspection.
Re-arranging the description
Using our team of highly experienced content engineers, input descriptions are re-arranged in the order of “Noun, Modifier, Defining characteristics, Manufacturer Name, Part Number”. Starlink has also expertise in creating short description to limit number of characters.
Starlink can provide characteristics extraction to any industry standard characteristics schema and can also develop new set of characteristics by using in-house our domain expert’s knowledge.
Starlink can format the data entities such as Manufacturer/supplier names, Characteristics values, abbreviations, Unit of measurements etc to a uniform and consistent values based on a specific Style-guide.
Starlink can perform data enrichment by employing any or all the below steps.
By sourcing Manufacturer/Supplier website, We adopt the followings steps to enrich the data by using this method:
- List of distinct Manufacturers are compiled from the input data
- For each Manufacturer, his official / authorized web sources are collected. This task is performed by a separate team that is specialized in locating online resources.
- Manufacturer website URLs, Images and Data sheets are recorded.
- From the given input, descriptions are analyzed and appropriate Noun-modifiers are assigned (as per the Characteristics schema preferred by client).
- If required, data classification and data cleansing is performed based on the customer’s preference.
- Characteristics templates are selected for the individual Noun-modifier combinations and applied to the record.
- Values are populated from the input and websites for these Characteristics.
- Quality checks are carried out during the production process and before delivery
By contacting Manufacturer/Suppliers: Supplier sourcing or manual sourcing is the process whereby suppliers are directly contacted for product information when web scraping doesn’t yield results. Starlink will engage the suppliers to get product information in a time-bound and convenient manner. Suppliers are contacted by email / phone call / fax by Starlink representatives.
By plant walk-down: Starlink professionals are specialized in onsite sourcing of parts information. Starlink has executed several on-site projects and has gained valuable expertise. The information is sourced from various sources within the plant like Stores, Item Master, Purchase orders/requisitions, Codification rules, Tags, Nameplates, Catalogs, etc. Additionally, the items are physically assessed and measured to gather technical data.
Starlink provide material images by searching through Manufacturer’s catalogues, their websites and even by physical walkdown. Images are then resized, cleaned-up if required.
- Structuring and compilation of a verified, accurate asset register to manage the asset throughout its life
- Depreciation method application (wear and tear) on profit and loss statement
- Assets portfolio on balance sheet for life cycle analysis
- Workflow management / degree of automation on asset transactions (e.g. transfers, disposals)
- History, transactions and ranking reports per responsible area definition
- Configuration Management audit services
- Engineering Content Baselines
- Fixed Asset Innovations
- Asset Classification and Data
- Capacity Condition Performance
- Maintenance Strategy
- Refurbishment Strategy
- Budget Planning Project priorities
- Resources Allocation
- Demand Management System
- Design Management System
- Portfolio & Program Management System
- Location Information system
- Materials Management System
- Plant Management System
- Financial Management System
- Risk Management System
- Performance Tracking & Analysis System
- Network Management System
- Document Management System
- Investment Decision / Criteria
- Determine Alternative Solutions
- Confirm Investments
- Determine Investment Portfolio
- Update and Manage Asset Plan
- Asset Register
- Optimize Asset Strategy
- Develop / Maintain Standards
All of this occurs regularly and automatically with no effort required by the purchasing professional. Time is freed up for more important tasks and supply chain initiatives. The results are:
- Significant improvement in material availability that leads to increased productivity (usually 10% to 20%)
- Substantial reduction in moving inventory value (usually 12%)
- Complete program audit of all transactions, recommendations, results and compliance.